Carolyn Mayo is a California licensed acupuncturist in Oakland specializing in pain management and women’s health. She earned her Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine from the Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine College, Berkeley. She has practiced at Alta Bates Hospital’s Herrick Campus, Lifelong West Berkeley Primary Care Clinic, and the San Francisco Prenatal Clinic.
Carolyn was first drawn to the study of medicine as an undergraduate student of psychology and neuroendocrinology at the University of California, Davis. She became interested in Chinese medicine after using acupuncture to treat her migraine headaches. She is continually inspired by what traditional Chinese medicine can achieve and takes great joy in helping others benefit from this medicine as she did.
She has successfully treated people for a variety of health issues including pain and injuries, stress and anxiety, digestive and respiratory problems, hormonal imbalances, fatigue, skin disorders, allergies, gynecological disorders, pre-natal, post-natal, and post-stroke conditions. She uses an individual-focused approach, working with her patients at Piedmont Acupuncture & Wellness Clinic to find the most effective and nurturing path toward restoring health and well-being.
· Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College, Berkeley, CA- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
· University of California, Davis, California – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND MEMBERSHIPS
· Licensed Acupuncturist: California Acupuncture Board
· National Diplomate of Acupuncture Certification –NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
· Certified in NADA (National Acupuncture Detoxification Association) protocol and CNT (Clean Needle Technique) Therapy
· Zheng Gu Tui Na – Chinese Medical Massage Course Certification
· California State Oriental Medical Association
· Bay Area Veteran’s Acupuncture Clinic: San Francisco, California
· Alta Bates Hospital, Herrick Campus: Berkeley, California
· Lifelong Berkeley Primary Care Community Clinic: Berkeley, California
· San Francisco Prenatal Community Clinic: San Francisco, California
· Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College Clinic: Berkeley, California